Sunday 22 September 2019

#2 Are the speaking and listening tasks difficult for you? What are the challenges you often face when you listen and speak in English?

Are the speaking and listening tasks difficult for you?
Yes and no, I would say no for the difficulty of the question, but I would say yes for the story retelling part. Somehow I'm not a good storyteller, and the story I retold are basically different from the what actually the story to be telling.
What are the challenges you often face when you listen and speak in English?

much to be a challenge for me. This is because the English they learn(I mean those Taiwanese student) are the standard English(which is more formal). However, the English I spoke is much more a local English, or you may call it Malayglish. If you are curious about the local English or the difference between it and standard English. You may squeeze some of your time to listen to this speech to know about it.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for recommending this video to us, Hugo. Eudcational, with humor. I'll share this with my students in other classes. We should also embrace varieties, respect regional differences, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete